- Business and the economy - Kavita knows how to succeed in business and has forthright views on what should be done to boost the economy.
- Women in business - As a successful female entrepreneur, Kavita has faced and overcome discrimination and is able to advise women on how to succeed in the workplace.
- Investing - As a serial investor, Kavita knows what makes a good investment.
- Healthcare - Kavita’s first company, Oberoi Consulting, supplies the NHS, and Pharmaceutical industry with clinical audit services making her well placed to comment on these sectors.
- Science – Kavita is a chemistry graduate and believes in the strengthening the role of science in society.
- Charity fundraising – As patron and board member of various charities, Kavita has supported the fundraising of over £10 million for good causes over the years
- Start-up businesses – Kavita understands the secret of start-up success, having founded several businesses herself
- Commercial property – Kavita owns an extensive commercial property portfolio and has an in-depth knowledge of the sector.
Kavita went undercover for Channel 4’s The Secret Millionaire. She visited the deprived Ladywood area of Birmingham to discover more about its residents and the difficulties they face. After revealing her true identity, she ended the programme by donating her own money to several local charities.
Kavita appeared on this Sky show series as an investor, each programme saw amateur inventors pitch their ideas to a panel of experts and an investor. As a result, Kavita invested in a revolutionary baby bottle invented by Daniel Sutherland. www.Quilkbottle.com cools down fresh feed milk in minutes and will be available from Oberoi Sutherland Ltd in 2017.
Kavita appeared on the panel of The Apprentice: You’re Fired alongside Ruby Wax and Mark Frith, questioning the latest candidate to fall foul of Lord Sugar.
Kavita joined a panel of business owners, Managing Directors and entrepreneurs to present their concerns about the economy to then Business Secretary Vince Cable.
Kavita has appeared on many other programmes, including BBC Breakfast, Newsnight, The Agenda, Richard and Judy, Hotel GB, Sky News and Bloomberg TV’s The Pulse. She has also been shortlisted as an investor for Dragon’s Den.